The racial skills of the High Elf Race reflect their magical affinity by increasing their weapon and spell damage, resource recovery, base Magicka, and experience gain. These innate bonuses help define the race as proud and powerful spellcasters.
The High Elf race is part of the Aldmeri Dominion alliance with the Wood Elf Race and the Khajiit.
High Elf race passives:
- Highborn: Increases exp gain with the Destruction Staff Skill line by 15%. Increases your exp gained by 1%.
- Spell Recharge: Reduces damage taken by 5% while you are using an ability with a cast or channel time.
Restores 625 Magicka or Stamina, based on whichever is lowest, after activating a Class Ability. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
- Syrabane’s Boon: Increases Max Magicka by 2000
- Elemental Talent: Increases your Spell Damage by 258.
All Races in the Elder Scrolls Online:
- Aldmeri Dominion – High Elf | Wood Elf | Khajiit
- Daggerfall Covenant – Orc | Redguard | Breton
- Ebonheart Pact – Nords | Argonian | Dark Elf
- Any Faction – Imperial
- List of all Racial Passives in ESO
Just looking at their Racial Passives, you can see that High Elves are more tuned towards the Magicka side of things, rather than Stamina. This means it is ideal to use them as either Magicka DPS or Healers because they both take advantage of the Spell Damage and Max Magicka increase.
These types of Builds use Staff and are akin to “Mages” in other games, so if you wish to make a mage-like character, High Elf is a good choice.
Additionally, they have an intriguing Passive in Spell Charge, which grants them 645 Stamina if they have higher Max Magicka and 645 Magicka if they have higher Max Stamina, every 6 seconds if they use a Class Ability. This is both good for PvP and for Tanking.
The High Elves were one of the original settlers of Tamriel and created the common tongue used throughout the continent today.
They consider themselves descended from the gods, and superior to all other mortals.
Elegant and sophisticated, many Altmer, as they’re known in the Summerset Isles, are naturally proficient with magic.
- The High Elf race, or Altmer, arrived in Tamriel thousands of years ago from Old Aldmeris.
- They see themselves, perhaps justifiably, as the ruling race of Tamriel.
- They are a highly cultured people, known for their breathtaking architecture and massive libraries of histories and creative works.
- They tend to be isolationists, largely remaining on Summerset Isle, and only emerge when they perceive a great threat to their homeland.
- They are powerful mages and warriors, and the de facto leaders of the Aldmeri Dominion.
High Elf race Culture
The Altmer consider themselves to be descended in an unbroken line from the Divines who created Nirn, but none more so than the royal family of Alinor. The King or Queen of Alinor rules over the Summerset Isles, basing their decisions on the precedents laid down in the Scrolls of Praxis; a tradition is known as Ceremoniarchy.
For a requisite 3,555 days, an heir to the Throne of Alinor will study Altmeri Regal Praxis and Ceremoniarchy at the Sapiarchs’ Labyrinth. When the King or Queen ascends to Aetherius, the heir must speak an eighty-eight-day Coronation Liturgy that will elevate them to the Throne of Alinor. It is the right of the eldest heir to assume the throne, as affirmed by the High Justiciar.
Protocol and propriety
Impressions are important to the High Elf race, and there are several rules about proper behavior at a High Elven dinner table that guests are expected to follow. Using the wrong utensil for a certain food is considered barbaric, and utensils should never be rested on the edge of any vessel. The head of the table is always allowed to lead any discussion, and only the most prestigious attendee at any function can eat the most food. Finally, one should never watch another while they chew, or refill their own glass. It is expected of each individual to refill the glass of the diner to their left when it is low.
- Queen Ayrenn – Queen of Alinor and leader of the Aldmeri Dominion. (voice actor = Kate Beckinsale)
- Mannimarco – First Necromancer and Molag Bal’s main agent on Tamriel.
- Vanus Galerion – Mage of the Psijiic Order and founder of the Mages Guild
- Starfield [FILE NOT FOUND] Class, Background, and Skills - September 1, 2023
- Starfield Xenobiologist Class, Background, and Skills - September 1, 2023
- Starfield Space Scoundrel Class, Background, and Skills - September 1, 2023